Veterans Services Officer (contract with Monterey Co.):
Richard Garza, Director – Military & Veterans Affairs
Location: Veterans Memorial Bldg.,
649 San Benito St., Ste. 115, Hollister, CA 95023-3952Phone: 831.637.4846
Office Hours: M-W-F: 8 AM. – 12 PM, T-Th: 1 PM – 5 PM
Web Site: http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/va/default.asp
- Benefits Claims Assistance: Claims advocacy for veterans, their survivors or dependents.
- Telephonic Claims Assistance: This program provides veterans assistance over the phone.
- Special Outreach Services is provided to those severely disabled, social disadvantaged and senior citizen veterans whose needs would otherwise go unmet.
- County Veterans’ Van Program: Free van transportation may be scheduled for transportation of Monterey County veterans to the VA Medical Center in Palo Alto and the San Jose VA Outpatient Clinic. Call a Volunteer Van Coordinator to schedule a ride at 647-7614. This is a 24-hour voice mail service.
- Special Liaison Service: If you desire transfer from a local health care facility to a VA Hospital, contact the MVAO branch nearest you for assistance.
- Notary Public Services are available at Administrative Office in Monterey at no cost for veterans and their immediate family members.
- Survivors Assistance: Our Offices provide claims assistance for all veterans’ survivors to include casualty reporting, SBP, DIC, burial and VA death insurance claims.