The Assessor has the following basic responsibilities:
- Locate all taxable property in the County and identify the ownership.
- Establish a value for all property subject to property taxation.
- List the value of all property on the assessment roll.
- Apply all legal exemptions.
Contrary to popular opinion the Assessor:
- Does not compute property tax bills.
- Does not collect property taxes.
- Does not establish property tax laws.
- Does not set rules by which property is appraised.
Annual Report 2012