The San Benito County Sheriffs Office is now accepting applications for the San Benito County Sheriff Explorer program. Being a Sheriff Explorer offers an opportunity to educate and involve youth in police operations. Through involvement, the Explorer program establishes and awareness of the complexities of police service and law enforcement functions. Besides gaining a working knowledge of police work, participants have the opportunity to serve the community. Many law enforcement agencies use the help of Explorers in areas such as crime prevention, traffic control, telecommunications, and community policing projects. Explorers will also have the opportunity to participate in a ride-along program. These activities are performed under the supervision of members of the sheriffs department and demonstrate that Exploring can have more than a superficial role in law enforcement.
HOW TO JOIN
In order to qualify as an explorer candidate, you must meet the following qualifications:
- 14 – 20 years of age.
- Be presently enrolled in school with at least a “C” average.
- Have no serious criminal convictions, or be on probation or parole
- Resident of San Benito County
- If you are interested in becoming a San Benito County Sheriff Explorer you can stop by the Sheriffs office located at 2301 Technology Pkwy and ask for an Explorer application or download below
- Explorer Application Form
- Explorer Intrest Form
- IF ACCEPTED
Explorers are required to attend monthly training meetings, maintain a uniform and be available for special events and other police functions as needed.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Explorer Advisor
San Benito County Sheriffs Office