School Resource Unit
Build a working relationship with the community policing efforts to prevent school violence.
SRO will: serve as a law related counselor, law related education teacher and law enforcement officer.
General School Resource Officer Services:
- Provide consultation and information to student support services and other school staff.
- Provide law related education, minors rights and responsibilities, school attendance and substance abuse prevention.
- Advise school staff with regard to current illegal activities within the community that may impact the school community.
- Provide support to the school site’s truancy program.
Student Support Services:
- Serve as a liaison between students and parents and social agencies which provide services to the school.
- Participate in school activities, student organizations, and athletic events.
- Participate in parent, teacher, staff, and student meetings as requested.
- Answer questions students may have regarding criminal or juvenile law.
- Actively work towards reducing gang activity on campus.
- Address individual student’s truancy problems.
For more information contact San Benito County Sheriffs Office School resource Officer
Deputy Jason Leist – 831-636-4080 extension 456